Tuesday, May 19, 2020

I hate my picture! What next??

She hated this photo. 
My portrait packages present you with a beautiful box of portraits but let me warn you.... at first, you will absolutely dislike some of the photos. It isn't that the photos are terrible. 

It's the way we see ourselves. 

In the photo below, this young woman hated her portraits. She cried broken heartedly. When I asked her why she was crying and she wailed, "These don't look like me!" We had done her make up, her wardrobe, and directed her posing. She was stunningly beautiful, sophisticated, and looked very much like Natalie Wood. The entire collection was lovely and she was more beautiful than ever before. She simply couldn't see it. 


Like many women, she looked at her flaws. She picked apart her strand of hair because it looked oily. She felt the SHAPE of her eyeballs made her look bug-eyed.  Not to mention her nostrils, which she found to be too big.
After her fiancĂ© almost fainted at the collection she finally realized they weren't bad. SHE wasn't bad. She'd had snapshots and iPhone shots but she'd never seen a collection that simply celebrated her.


Just her. 





Before and after. A snap shot compared to a collection portrait. 

 A snap shot is never a celebration of you. It can never tell your story. 

That's why you come to the pros. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I hate my picture! What next??

She hated this photo.  My portrait packages present you with a beautiful box of portraits but let me warn you.... at first, you will abs...