Friday, July 5, 2013

Personal Work: iPhone.

I actually call it my Eye Phone.

Anyway.

I baked these. Then, they looked good enough to eat so I took the snapshots with my eye phone for facebook.

After I posted this one, someone asked for the recipe.




I have to tell you that shooting food for commercial work is not the same thing as using an eye phone to shoot fresh-baked goodies to make your facebook friends drool. 

The quality in the shot above is found in the subject matter, not the photography. And may I assure you that those ARE quality baked goods...made with my own two hands. 

Quality.

In photography, some photos are just advanced snapshots and those shouldn't be used to represent a quality product or establishment. When you think about it, quality is about honor. Honoring your work and honoring the work of those you want to spend their hard-earned dollars on your product. In our culture, we value artisans and handmade items because we know it takes commitment and it takes hard work to produce. Blood, sweat, and tears are usually involved to create quality. 

Always Honor Quality

Because nothing worth having is ever easy or cheap. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I hate my picture! What next??

She hated this photo.  My portrait packages present you with a beautiful box of portraits but let me warn you.... at first, you will abs...